Q1. What is covered area?
The area for which slab(lanter) is laid. Covered Area also includes area of any verandah, balcony etc.
Q 2.What is difference between good, average and premium specifications?
The average specs includes all the basic things but at the initial level of costing. For example in flooring it is either white marble of starting price range or branded basic vitrified tiles. In woodwork, it is hollock wood with painting over it.
The good specs includes all the basic things but at the upper level of costing. For example in flooring it is either white marble of high quality or branded vitrified tiles with some features like mat finish. In wood it is hollock wood with polish.
The premium specs includes either the basic thing at the highest level of costing or something beyond basic . For example in flooring it is italian marble. In wood it is teak wood with polish.
Q3. What is framed and load bearing structure type?
In load bearing structure the entire load of the house is transferred to main walls of the house, which are 9” thick.
In framed structure, the columns take the load of the house and entire division of area in rooms and toilets is done by partition walls of 1/2 brick thick.
Q4. What are the assumptions taken in designing the estimate?
- The average depth of excavation taken is 3.5 ft.
- Plinth beam is laid over all the walls.
- Lintel band is to be laid in the entire house walls.
- M 20 concrete is used.
- Flooring rates includes the cost of 1:6:12 of base course 3” thick
- All item components like brickwork, flooring etc.includes the labour component as well as material cost. Cost of all fixtures like bolt, hinges etc. are covered in the amount provided against items of wood work.
- The costing considered is mainly of prevalent in chandigarh area. This costing is based on market prices of items in 2012
- The steel consumption taken is on the basis of 125 kg per cum of concrete.